Purchasing a house is a huge commitment. There are a lot of factors that go into the process of finding a new one. You’ve selected a house in Raleigh with the must-haves and might have made some compromises, but how do you know you’ve made the right choice?
When you have buyer’s remorse, it is time to start looking for a way out. If you have been living in your house for more than three years, it might be time to move on.
If you’re not happy with the location of your house and are thinking about moving, here are some signs that it may be time to sell:
- You’ve been thinking about selling your house for over three years.
- You’re always looking at other houses online.
- You don’t feel like spending as much time in the home as before because you’re always thinking about what else is out there.
- You are having doubts about whether or not the house is a good investment.
- You start to worry about what will happen if the house price drops.
Doesn’t Fit In The Budget
If you are a homeowner, then you know that your house is the biggest investment you will ever make. If your house doesn’t fit your budget and you can’t afford it, then it is time to move on.
Many homeowners underestimate the amount of money they will spend on repairs and maintenance when they buy a new house. You might be also spending too much on homeowner’s insurance or utility bills. They come across many signs that their home doesn’t fit their budget and they are probably living in the wrong house.
It is always important to know what your neighborhood has to offer. You should also be aware of the issues that may arise in your neighborhood.
If your neighbors seem to be a little too close for comfort, you might be living in the wrong house. Having said that, you may be experiencing some of these signs.
- You spend more time commuting than doing anything else that is more important.
- You have a hard time sleeping at night because of the noise from the trains and cars.
- Your neighborhood has a lot of people with different backgrounds and cultures, which can make it difficult to fit in socially or find common ground with your neighbors.
- You don’t feel safe during the day because it’s too busy or there’s too much traffic near your home.
Does your new house have well water? When you purchased it, you were happy to not pay high utility bills, but now you realize you are responsible for any well system repair. What if you have to redrill and move the well system? Do you hate lugging around water softener, or having to pay a company to come out and do it for you? Is your municipality planning a utility expansion in your area, and now you have to add another $20,000 to your tax bill over the next few decades? These are signs you might be living in the wrong house.
Perhaps you are totally fine with the house purchase you can afford and love your neighborhood and have no pending utility issues… but you just noticed a crack along the floorboard by the front door. Maybe you dismiss it for the caulk shrinking… and then a few months later, it’s a little bit bigger… and bigger… is your foundation sinking? Maybe there are new cracks by the windows or new water stains on the ceiling… these are all small indicators that your house might have some structural issues. Also, these are signs that you might be living in the wrong house.
How To Escape The Wrong House in Raleigh?
Raleigh and NC in general have plenty of cash buyers for houses in any shape. These buyers are a great option to get out of your wrong house ASAP, but prepare yourself to accept less than retail price. They will save you a lot of time and hassle by taking the house off your hands. You might be able to restructure your mortgage or transfer loan to another lender. If you feel you’ve been intentionally misled by the seller or real estate agent, you can file a lawsuit against them, or the inspector if their report didn’t include the major structural issues (check with your lawyer). If now isn’t the right time to ditch the wrong house, perhaps renting a room/the house out might be a good idea and sell when the market is best.